Experience the customs, traditions, and national culture of Baku, Azerbaijan and gain new and devoted friends in the process on this wonderful Journey!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Baku.
Live With a Local
- Our main target is to create a spiritual bond among nations, to show our visitors the customs and traditions and national culture, and to gain new and devoted friends.
- During the Welcome Party, enjoy listening to the songs of our local singers and folk dances.
- You can participate in an Azerbaijan national wedding party if you wish - it's optional.
- We provide a cooking workshop where ambassadors will learn to make Doshama Pilaf, Yarpaq Dolma, etc. Watch how local women bake bread in Tendir - its smell attracts from miles, and observe a number of other local activities.
- Ambassadors will visit The Honourary Square, Martyrs' Avenue, Shirvanshah's Palace, Maiden Tower, and enjoy boat trip on the Caspian Sea.
- We can take you to the Nobel Brothers' House-Villa Petrolia, to Gobustan, to Mir Movsum Aga Mosque, to Khazri - where you can rest, eat, relax and swim in the sea.
- Possibile trip to the old Hamam.
I am grateful to all the Baku host families for their wonderful hosting. Ambassadors loved all the activities including Welcome and Farewell Parties. - Previous Ambassador to Baku
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
September 30, 2017 – October 7, 2017
Coordinator: Renate Munk, Krems
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Day 1 - September 30
Arrival in Baku – host families meet the ambassadors and take them to their houses.
Evening Welcome Party.
Day 2 - October 1
Honorary Square (Faxri Xiyaban), Martyrs’ Avenue/Funicular, Book Museum, Shirvanshakh’s Palace
Lunch (on your own)
Hop On/Hop Off – City Tour
Dinner with host families.
Day 3 - October 2
Carpet Museum, Icheri Sheher (Inner City), lunch (on your own), Maiden Tower
Sightseeing tour: Baku Boulevard
Boat tour on the Caspian Sea
Dinner with your host family
Day 4 - October 3
Sangachal Oil Terminal, Gobustan Rocky Mountains
Lunch in Khazri restaurant on the shore of the Caspian Sea. It is an open air restaurant, a beautiful place to eat fresh food and relax on the seashore (there is a beach there as well, and you can swim in the sea if you want).
Dinner with your host family.
Day 5 - October 4
Nobel brothers’ home museum
Tour to Atashgah Fire Temple in Surakhani district
Tour to Mir Mohsun Aga Mosque in Mardakan
Yanar Dag – The Burning Mountain
Dinner with host family
Day 6 - October 5
Free time with host families until 6:00 pm.
Wedding Party (Optional)
Day 7 - October 6
Central Department Store
Visit downtown Baku; walk along Torgoviy Street
“Sahil” shopping center
Farewell lunch or dinner
Day 8 – October 7
$460 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, including a seven-night homestay, all transport, and admission fees in Baku. Drinks and meals on your own.
Know before you go
- At the end of September, we are in the beginning of Autumn, and it gets a bit cooler, so bring a light jacket, and maybe an umbrella in case if there is rain. We hire a comfortable bus and the bus will be with us almost all the time, so if it starts raining, ambassadors won't get too wet, as we have a bus to get on.
- Late September and early October are usually very hot.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.