Stay with members of FF Cape of Good Hope on this Journey that will introduce you to the scenery, wildlife, industry, and local flavors of South Africa. Since the Western Cape population is such a mixture of different cultures, it is a very interesting destination. As one of the most multicultural cities in the world, you will have the opportunity to meet people of various backgrounds and ethnicities, giving you a more well-rounded understanding of this part of the world and its unique blend of cultures.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Cape of Good Hope.
Live With a Local
- Meet many people of different backgrounds.
- Enjoy encounters with wildlife and plants that are native to this region.
- Meet the mayor.
- Attend a welcome dinner, a potluck, and a farewell dinner hosted by members of FF Cape of Good Hope.
- Visit a home for disabled children.
- Castle of Good Hope
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Cape Point penguin colony
- Boulder Beach
- Table Mountain
- Robben Island
- Stellenbosch Wine Estate
I shared my host's home, meals and everyday life, established a personal relationship with her and learned firsthand about her culture. Our countries seem very distant geographically, but now I have a very good friend in Cape Town! - Previous ambassador
Cape of Good Hope, South Africa
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
March 21, 2019 – March 27, 2019
Coordinator: Mary Williams, FF Dallas
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Meet the mayor
Visit Cape Town, seeing Houses of Parliament, the Grand Parade, and City Hall from where Nelson Mandela first addressed South Africans after his release in February 1990
Visit the Castle of Good Hope
Explore world-renowned Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Attend a welcome party
Visit Cape Point and see the native penguin colony
See Boulder Beach
Walk around Kalkbay
Visit Table Mountain:
take a cable car ride to the top, overlooking Cape Town and the coast
Visit the Slave Lodge
Walk around the colorful Bo-Kaap region, settled by Malay slaves
Visit the tea bag factory to learn about this local industry
Attend a potluck dinner with the members of the FF Cape of Good Hope
Day with your hosts
Take an optional excursion to Robben Island – additional fee of $25 per person
Visit the Stellenbosch Wine Estate and the beautiful hill country for a wine tasting event
Visit a home for disabled children
Departure of the ambassadors
Know before you go
- Journey number: 15039
- There will be an optional extension for a safari in Botswana that includes six nights in camps in the Okavango Delta region of Northern Botswana, plus one night in a hotel in Victoria Falls. If you are interested, please discuss with the Journey Coordinator. (Cost is approximately $3950/person sharing a double room depending on participant numbers)
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.