See the stunning sites of Berlin on this castle- and garden-themed Journey. In addition to breathtaking Charlottenburg and Sanssouci castles and Wörlitzer Park & Gardens and Gardens of the World, host members of FF Berlin will introduce you to some of the area's best museums and cultural experiences!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Berlin.
Live With a Local
- Eight-night homestay with FF Berlin
- Two full days of free time with your host
- Enjoy a typical welcome party with FF Berlin
- The German Parliament
- Brandenburg Gate
- Berlin Cathedral
- Berlin East
- Bernauer Street - where the Berlin Wall once ran
- Beautiful castles: Charlottenburg, Sanssouci
- Amazing Parks: Unesco World Heritage Wörlitzer Park & Gardens, Gardens of the World, Sanssouci Park, Charlottenburg Gardens
- Pergamon Museum or Bode Museum
- Two cities, Berlin and Potsdam, plus the town Wörlitz
The family answered all my questions, and in a short time I knew a lot about them and the history of Berlin. - 2017 Solothurn ambassador
Castles and Gardens In and Around Berlin
9 Days / 8 Nights Program and Itinerary:
October 7, 2019 – October 15, 2019
Coordinator: Arno Schwander, FF Berlin
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Oct. 7, 2019
Arrive in Berlin where you will be picked up at the airport/railway station
Spend the day with your host
Individual program with the host
Oct. 8, 2019
Hop On, Hop Off Sightseeing Tour: Berlin East, Brandenburg Gate, Berlin Cathedral, Gendarmenmarkt
Optional visit to Pergamon Museum or Bode Museum
Oct. 9, 2019
Gardens of the World: Discovering the world’s cultures through their gardens with guide
Optional Revue Show at Friedrichstadtpalast – Berlin’s #1 theater for dazzling entertainment (No knowledge of German required)
Oct. 10, 2019
Sanssouci Park & Castle (with guide)
Oct. 11, 2019
Charlottenburg Castle & Gardens
See Berlin from the Water/River Spree tour (optional)
City of Lights – see illuminated buildings and landmarks in Berlin’s city center
Oct. 12, 2019
Wörlitzer Park and Gardens, a Unesco World Heritage site, with guide
Oct. 13, 2019
Free time with host
Oct. 14, 2019
Bernauer Straße: Bernauer Strasse, a street on the border between the Berlin districts of Wedding and Mitte, was a focal point of the German – German postwar history. The construction of the Wall and its consequences for the residents of the divided city were especially dramatic here
The history of this street illustrates what impact the Berlin Wall had on Berlin, how it destroyed urban space and human lives, and separated family and friends
Oct. 15, 2019
Departure to airport/train station
$550 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, guided tours and entrance fees, public transport seven-day ticket for Berlin, transport to Wörlitz, and welcome party.
Food & beverages are at your own expense while out and about.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- Journey number 15302
- These add-ons are already included in the day-to-day program, but will be at additional cost to ambassadors: Pergamon/Bode museum (EUR 12), Revue Show at Friedrichspalast (EUR 45), and River Spree Tour (EUR 15)
- Bring a rain coat/wind breaker jacket and good sturdy shoes.
- We will be walking three to five miles a day in the parks and through the city. There are many stairs and small beaten paths involved.
- There are currently only 12 spaces available for home-hosting; however, additional ambassadors can participate in the day program, but will have to stay at a hotel.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.