This Journey to Fortaleza and Manaus will be incredible! Ambassadors will have a unique opportunity to stay in the homes of native people to experience the rich, diverse, and inclusive culture that the North and Northeast of Brazil are known for. Ambassadors will also have the chance to stay in a village within the Amazon Forest...an experience that not even many Brazilians have participated in! This Journey is going to be fantastic!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Fortaleza.
Live With a Local
- Engage in a delicious gastronomic feast during the city tour and farewell party. The seafood and the Brazilian fruits are amazing and there are many excellent typical dishes both in Fortaleza and Manaus.
- Have an incredible adventure in the Amazon Forest with natives to spot birds, monkeys, and even some alligators!
- Visit Canoa Quebrada, an extraordinary place with its stunning cliffs and fresh breeze. You can even have a hand gliding tour there and see that beautiful landscape from a totally new perspective.
Fortaleza and the Amazon Village, Brazil
13 Days / 12 Nights Program and Itinerary:
November 7, 2018 – November 19, 2018
Coordinator: Thiago Fabio
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Nov. 7, 2018
Arrival of ambassadors in Fortaleza. Club members will be the airport to welcome them
Welcome dinner in restaurant
Nov. 8, 2018
Visit and lunch at the “Museu da Cachaça”
Visit to Beach Park
Nov. 9, 2018
City tour by bus. Tour ends at “Mercado Central” (handcraft market)
Free evening with the hosts
Nov. 10, 2018
Futuro Beach (ambassadors pay for their own lunch here)
Nov. 11 to 12, 2018
Tour to Canoa Quebrada and Morro Branco beaches with overnight in Canoa Quebrada
Nov. 13, 2018
Sightseeing at the “Beira Mar” seashore
Nov. 14, 2018
Departure from Fortaleza
Arrival in Manaus
Overnight at Tropical Manaus Ecoresort
Nov. 15, 2018
Afternoon: Transfer in two parts.
Part 1: Manaus/Ceasa Port – by van, microbus, or bus
Part 2: Ceasa Port/Amazon Village – by regional boat or speed boat via the Meeting of the Waters
Departure around 5 p.m.
Evening: Arrival, Buffet dinner, Alligator Spotting Tour, Overnight
Nov. 16, 2018
Morning: Breakfast, Jungle Trek, Buffet Lunch
Afternoon: Reconnaissance Tour
Evening: Buffet Dinner, Overnight
Nov. 17, 2018
Morning: Breakfast, Fishing Trip and Visit to a Native Dwelling, Buffet lunch
Afternoon: Free time to relax
Evening: Buffet dinner, Overnight
Nov. 17, 2018
Afternoon/evening: Add-ons chosen at site and paid directly there. Some options: Swimming with dolphins, fishing, and Indian tribe visit – prices vary.
Nov. 19, 2018
Morning: Breakfast and return to Manaus arrival around 08:00 hrs
$1500 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, Fortaleza homestay, lunches, and tours, internal flight from Fortaleza to Manaus, airport/hotel transfers in Manaus, breakfasts, lunches, dinner, hotel and overnights. Dinner on Nov. 14 in Manaus not included. International airfare not included. Price based on 20 ambassadors; subject to change if fewer total ambassadors.
Know before you go
- Journey Number 14437
- Fortaleza: the weather is always hot and most of times sunny. Therefore, bring light clothes, sandals, water, and lots of sunscreen.
- Manaus: It is very humid and hot. Bring an insect repellent to avoid the mosquitos in the forest. Long shirts and pants might also be appropriate for treks in the jungle (due to the branches, sticks, and dense foliage you’ll going to encounter there.)
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.