Join us as we visit New Zealand, a breathtaking wonderland in the South Pacific Ocean! We are looking forward to making new friends, sharing cultures, and experiencing this wonderful country and its people.
Home hosting provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Marlborough and South Taranaki.
Live With a Local
- South Taranaki usually arranges two bus trips, a welcome potluck meal and a farewell dinner, as well as smaller potluck teas in members' homes.
- Try some of our world famous wines. Marlborough is a rapidly expanding wine region, and our Sauvignon Blanc is becoming world-renowned and giving rise to a large number of wineries and their vineyards.
- Seafood lovers can enjoy some fresh mussels, prolific in the sheltered bays of the Marlborough Sounds.
- Learn about dairying, the predominant local industry. Our milk is processed at the largest one-site multi-product dairy company.
- See the volcanic cone of Mt. Egmont that dominates the South Taranaki area.
- The rich soils have aided in the creation of many fine parks and gardens, a number of which are open to the public and possibilities to visit.
- Go on a three-day tour of Hawera.
"I really liked both my hosts and their location - a quiet country home with a beautiful view. The area was very attractive to me and I very much enjoyed the sightseeing and gatherings." - Ambassador from Turrialba, Costa Rica, April 2016
Marlborough and South Taranaki, New Zealand
18 Days / 17 Nights Program and Itinerary:
February 21, 2018 – March 10, 2018
Coordinator: Carol Kimball, FF Central Montana
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Feb. 23 to 28
Fly to Blenheim, NZ to start our journey with Blenheim and Marlborough.
March 1 to 7
Take the Ferry from Picton to Wellington.
Travel by bus from Wellington to South Taranaki. There we will spend another week seeing the southwestern part of the Northern Island of New Zealand.
March 7 to 10
Travel by bus on a three-day tour of Hawera, ending our Journey at the Auckland airport on Saturday, March 10.
$1702 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, airfare to Blenheim from Auckland, ferry from Picton to Wellington, bus from Blenheim airport to host family, and three-day tour of Rotorua.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- It will be summer, so please pack for the appropriate season at the time of our travel. The climate is moderate. Temperatures range from frosty (-6°C) in winter to a warm 30°C in summer.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.